Re: [code] Raising Levels

From: cronos (cronos@blue.bluewave.co.kr)
Date: 09/07/96

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, Alex wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    Has anyone documented how to raise the max levels in CircleMUD
> 3.0. My players are moving closer to the immortal level 31and want to
> have the mud levels expanded. Problem is  my code staff has returned
> to school and kind of left me high and dry. If I could bump the max
> levels up this will give me time to expand the mud and hopefully find
> some new coders.  If anyone knows the proper procedure I would be most
> grateful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Kells

check the definition LVL_IMPL, LVL_GOD or so in structs.h.
and expand levels' titles[] array of each classes in class.c.
also raise array thaco[] (THAC0) in class.c, too.
yes, array saving_throws[] in magic.c to be expanded is needed but it's
not more important than above.

In CircleMUD, level is declared as signed character type, so player's
level is restricted within 127(?). If i want more levels that turn into
integer, there must be more buggies i dont know.

more ideas?

% id                                  | E-Mail: cronos@blue.bluewave.co.kr
uid=0(cronos) gid=1(cronos)           |         cronos@cronos.bluewave.co.kr
% whoami                              |
who are you?                          | Phone:  051-610-0941, 051-610-0942
% shit!                               |         Bluewave Communications.
Connection closed by foreign host.    |