Re: [newbie] Implementing

From: Chuck (wcarson@umr.edu)
Date: 09/10/96

At 08:26 AM 9/10/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi...im only 13, and know little c++. but i have a few world i want to
>implement into my mud. One of the has these files 200.wld, 200.zon,
>200.obj 200.<something else>...i put them into the appropriet directery
>but when i play the mud i cant see the zone.. i think this is because i
>have to edit the 200.wld and join it up with my mud...but i dont know
>how!!! (problem Hey)...please help me somehow
>
>Regards: Jason Marles

You must also add the filename to the index file in each world
directory (and if you are still running in quick mode, the index.mini
file also)

Oh yea, I believe the files must be in sequential order too in the index

As far as joining it up, you must link a room to your zone if you want
players to access the zone but a god can goto any zone loaded. I have
several zones that are not linked to the main world. (god rooms, newbie
school, zones I use as ships, freeze room, etc...)

Good luck,

Chuck