Re: Re: Newbie: Using patch files?

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 09/10/96

On Mon, 1 Jan 1990, Raf wrote:

> I got the new do_who patched all right on my mud,
> but there was a couple of probs with the code.
> For instance, when somebody gets a killer/thief flag everybodys
> title has a (KILLER) after it, and I cant set it back using title.
> I wouldnt advise using that code, but if u really want ill mail the
> do_who to you.

Read my previous message.  I've posted a prior fix.  No-one but the
original person is getting the KILLER flag, the problem is I forget to set
buf back to \0.  If you do that before it does anything with 'buf' in the
for() loop then it will work just fine...

Just before 'if (GET_INVIS_LEV(ch)...)' put '*buf = '\0';'

Thank you for not being around when I posted the fix.  One little line and
people think it's the most serious bug in the world...

  -daniel