From: Niese-Petersen (
Date: 09/13/96

On Fri, 13 Sep 1996, annick elziere wrote:

> Hi-I just added a new skill, "camp", wich if you have a tent
> you can camp instead of sleeping for a higher regen.  When
> you camp it puts you into POS_CAMPING.  Now the
> skill works fine and all but when you are camping you can
> still move around and look, wich is stopped in command_interpreter
> in interpreter.c, I added another check in the switch for
> case POS_CAMPING:
>      send_to_char("In your dreams or what?\r\n", ch);
>      break;
> But after this if you are camping you can still look and move around
> and perform commands.
Problem must be that you have POS_CAMPING a value higher than POS_STANDING
(etc) .. That why it will always be higher than minimum requirement for
commands like look and north,east, (etc)..
The easiest fix, could be make a player flag called 'PLR_CAMPING' and
when they camp, give them that flag, plus set position to 'POS_SLEEPING'
Then whatever command you have to get outta 'camp' ['wake' I guess]
you make a check on player flag 'PLR_CAMPING' and remove it, if it's set.

Erik Niese-Petersen
Aka Quint The typo God
Realms of Darkness IMP [Down for now. HD crash. *sulk*]