Newbie: Using obj_flags.value[0] for weapons.

From: Homer Simpson (
Date: 09/16/96

Hi all,
       I am trying to use the first value in the weapon item type as an
identifier of what type of weapon it is. eg a weapon in a file would be
2 5 6 3

The above would mean a 1h slashing weapon with 5d6 damage and slashing
hit message. I have set the correct value[0] values for all my weapons but
they seem to be all set back to 0 somewhere. I for the life of me cant
find where this is happening. Any ideas where I should be looking?

Thanks in advance.

aka Fionn Colvin :)