Re: [Code] Check for knowing previous spell/skill??

From: Skylar (
Date: 09/23/96

On Mon, 23 Sep 1996, Mikael Askernäs wrote:

> -How do I make a check on the player to see if he knows a certain spell
>  before he is allowed to prac a certain other one...
>   (He cant practise the BIG fireball until he learned the SMALL
> fireball)
> -Also .. How do I set the maximum % of the "BIG fireball" to not exceed
> the maximum % of the "SMALL fireball"

You can make both checks at once, since obviously preventing BIG_FIREBALL
from exceding SMALL_FIREBALL will keep them both at 0% until SMALL has been
learned to some degree.  How about this...

  sprintf(buf, "You do not have the background to learn %s now.\r\n",
  send_to_char(buf, ch);

In the guildmaster process.