Re: [Code] Check for knowing previous spell/skill??

From: Mikael Askernäs (
Date: 09/24/96

Skylar wrote:
>   sprintf(buf, "You do not have the background to learn %s now.\r\n",
>           spells[SKILL_BIG_FIRE]);
>   send_to_char(buf, ch);
>   return;
> }
> In the guildmaster process.
> -Sky

Thanks... now for another further development of it:

How do I prevent the BIG fireball from showing up
on the prac list until the SMALL fireball has been
practised ?

I mean .. I am planning to have so many different schools of magic
that you have to make choices... You cant practise everything, you HAVE
to make choices. SO ... if I learn how to cast the small one, i WILL be
able to learn how to cast the big one, when i reach that level.
If i DONT learn the small one, I will never know that I COULD have
learned how to cast the big one.. :))

/Hobbes who just LOVES to complicate things :)