[CODE] NPC Races/classes

From: Steve Reeves (dormammu@voicenet.com)
Date: 09/28/96

Hi all.. :>

I'm new to coding, and have a couple questions.  [Also, before I get into
the questions, I wanna say I'm not totally clueless when it comes to
coding..  Honest.  :> ]

Anyway, the first thing I did to the code was maul it up a bit and add two
new classes.  As I was going thru one of the *.h files [structs.h, I think]
to add a few things, I noticed a few lines that dealt with NPC classes, but
nothing was implemented.  I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice on
how to implement NPC classes?  Ideally, the NPC Class flag would be
optional.  [ie, if there is nothing about it in the mob file, it
automatically defaults to a certain class.  This means I won't have to
convert all the mob files already there.]  Seeing as I'm a new coder, I have
no idea how to go about this.  [It took me a few hours to get the bugs outta
the new classes I added.  heh.. and the bugs were pretty simple things, like
a misplaced bracket.]

Thanks for any help.. :>

Steve