Re: NEWBIE: MProgs question.

@cspo.queensu.ca
Date: 10/04/96

I'm having the exact same problem, I put in mob progs, in my bpl11 source, It
compiled fine, and everything.
I put the example trigger in a mob in the 30.mob file, right under where the
mob is declared.

hassan~
Hassan~
Hassan is here, waiting to dispense justice.
~
Big. Very big.
Stupid. Very stupid.
~
abdeglmno dfh 1000 E
30 3 0 0d0+1000 6d6+13
2500 30000
8 8 1
BareHandAttack: 10
Str: 25
>act_prog p pokes you in the~
if isnpc($n)
   chuckle
   poke $n
else
   if level($n) <= 5
   or isgood($n)
      tell $n I would rather you didnt poke me.
   else
      if level($n)>15
         scream
         say Ya know $n. I hate being poked!!!
         kill $n
         break
      endif
      slap $n
      shout MOMMY!!! $N is poking me.
   endif
endif
~

When I try to poke him, he doesn't do anything,  I have tried with a mortal
character also..

Tyler

Hiya all,
         I've been playing around with mobprogs recently, and I cant get
the act_prog to work. I've tryed all different types, including the poke
example in the docs. I think it may have something to do with the fact
that mobs dont get sent act messages? Are act_progs working for anyone
else? If so did you have to change something to get them going? I'm using
3.0 pl 10 with patch 11 applied. I patched on mobprogs a long time ago so
I dont know which one it was. I know it wasn't the one edited for patch
level 11.