Re: [ADMIN} Survey of List Format

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/05/96

On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, The Chuckster wrote:

> Just curious, how many of you like the  prefix
> inserted into the subject heading? IMHO it clusters
> my mailbox and I cannot find a damn thing. I can deal with
> the message added to the bottom of every post and reply, but
> does everyone here enjoy reading  all the way down their
> mailbox? I have 900 pieces of mail, I use elm, and it gets
> pretty cluster f&&*#@^.
>
> I know Alex takes time out of his busy day to maintain the list
> so I want to thank him. I just wanted to see how everyone felt
> about this. All mail readers have filters so you can pipe all
> circle mail into a separate folder, so you know it is all circle
> in that particuliar folder.

First, this has nothing to do with "[ADMIN]" so you have incorrectly
flagged your message.  This is completely off-topic and, ghence, should be
flagged "[OFF-TOPIC]."

Second, I prefer the "" being there.  This allows me to seperate
my e-mail.  I now have a script that writes all the CircleMUD Mailing List
mails into a seperate folder.  This allows me to get any e-mails that
might be important pertaining to my actual MUD or whatnot without having
to go through the spam of the list.

Besides which, it's eight more characters.  It's not like you can't get
the subject of the message because of eight more characters.  That's being
ridiculous, IMHO.  Stop exaggerating and wasting everyone's time.  It's
just 8 characters...

  <*=-+Daniel+-=*>
  "Forgive me father, for I am sin."