Re: Circle on Warp 4

From: Project Leader McCoy (icarus@berkshire.net)
Date: 10/12/96

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996 BuckFloyd@aol.com wrote:

> If anyone out there is running Circle (preferably 3.0bpl11
> or later, with or without modifications) on OS/2 Warp 3
> or Warp 4, please drop me a line.

Well, I've run circle30bpl11 on OS/2 2.1, 3.0, "9.99," and 4GA, so I
should qualify.

> I just went to Warp 4 and whenever somebody logs on to
> the mud, my swapfile starts going crazy.  This didn't happen
> on Warp 3.  I'm wondering if it's the TCP/IP stack, but..

It sounds like a memory leak.  If it only occurs with CircleMUD, odds are
it's not the TCP/IP stack.  I haven't run into any problems, and it seemed
to be working in the Merlin beta, so I'd guess it works OK.  It might also
be EMX.  Are you using 0.9b or 0.9c?  I don't trust 0.9c just yet.  You
might want to try going back a version if hard drive space isn't a
problem.

> Thanks much.

                          "The human brain is like an enormous fish --
   icarus@berkshire.net    it is flat and slimy and has gills through
                           which is can see." - Monty Python