Re: your mail

From: Skylar (skylar@ifconfig.intserv.com)
Date: 10/13/96

On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Bob Haeffner wrote:

> Help!, I added (or thought I did) multiple attacks to my fight.c, and now I get
> a core dump, in the middle of a battle.  Is there something wrong with my
> perform_violence?  Or is it somewhere else?

Hm, I'm a bit paranoid and check in_rooms before every single hit, but that
might not be a problem, I can't remember at the moment if checking skills on
mobs on a stock mud will return null or 0, (my mobs have skills), if its null
then here's your problem...

You didnt make the ole !IS_NPC(ch) check here..

>     if ((GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_SECOND) > 0)) {

But you DID remember to make it here... heh
>     if (!IS_NPC(ch) && (GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_THIRD) > 0)) {

-Sky