Re: [CODE] Questions about Races..

From: Jonathan Blackhawke (hawke@excalibur.net)
Date: 10/15/96

I posted it earlier and ran into the same problem.  There will be a few
others that you will run into but they will be a little easier to sort out.
 The error that you are receiving is that in utils.h in the section that
you added, you cut and past from the doc file (I did the same thing).
Well, there are a lot of odd codes at the end of the section that you cut
and pasted and you'll need to go into a text editor and goto the end of
each line (I used wordpad or dos editor) and backspace over all the blank
spaces that are extra at the end of the lines (for all the race lines).  :)
 I'm still working on a problem that I am having with races where when a
character is newly created, that if you type either score or who, the mud
crashes.  But after it crashes all characters can do the commands fine.
I've only noted it on who and score when you have JUST created a new
character (no matter the race).  Once the mud is brought back up,  well,
everything works fine and dandy as far as I can tell (no crashes no errors,
etc).

Parick

----------
> From: Steve Reeves <dormammu@voicenet.com>
> To: circle@cspo.queensu.ca
> Subject:  [CODE] Questions about Races..
> Date: Tuesday, October 15, 1996 1:07 AM
>
> Geez.. seems like everyone is asking questions about races now.. so, I
> figured I'd toss
> mine in as well.. :>
>
> Recently, someone [can't remember who] attached race.doc to a post on
this
> list.  Anyway, I looked it over and decided it looked easy enough to
> implement, so I tried.  And that brings me to my question/problem.  I'm
> wondering if anyone can tell me what is wrong here.. first, here's the
> output I get from the compiler:
>
> gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  comm.c
> In file included from comm.c:29:
> utils.h:426: parse error before `->'
> make[1]: *** [comm.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dormammu/circle30bpl11/src'
> make: *** [default] Error 2
>
> Seems straight forward enough.. but, here's the section of the code [with
> little extra] that the program is complaining about:
>
> #define CLASS_ABBR(ch) (IS_NPC(ch) ? "--" :
class_abbrevs[(int)GET_CLASS(ch)])

> #define IS_MAGIC_USER(ch)       (!IS_NPC(ch) && \
>                                 (GET_CLASS(ch) == CLASS_MAGIC_USER))
> #define IS_CLERIC(ch)           (!IS_NPC(ch) && \
>                                 (GET_CLASS(ch) == CLASS_CLERIC))
> #define IS_THIEF(ch)            (!IS_NPC(ch) && \
>                                 (GET_CLASS(ch) == CLASS_THIEF))
> #define IS_WARRIOR(ch)          (!IS_NPC(ch) && \
>                                 (GET_CLASS(ch) == CLASS_WARRIOR))
> #define IS_BARD(ch)             (!IS_NPC(ch) && \
>                                 (GET_CLASS(ch) == CLASS_BARD))
> #define IS_NINJA(ch)            (!IS_NPC(ch) && \
>                                 (GET_CLASS(ch) == CLASS_NINJA))
>
> #define IS_HUMAN(ch)            (!IS_NPC(ch) && \
> 426:                                (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_HUMAN))
> #define IS_ELF(ch)              (!IS_NPC(ch) && \
>                                 (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_ELF))

> #define IS_GNOME(ch)            (!IS_NPC(ch) && \
>                                 (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_GNOME))

> #define IS_FAIRY(ch)            (!IS_NPC(ch) && \
>                                 (GET_RACE(ch) == RACE_FAIRY))
>

> #define OUTSIDE(ch) (!ROOM_FLAGGED((ch)->in_room, ROOM_INDOORS))
>
> That's the section of the code.. obviously, the 426:  is not in the
code.. I
> just put it there so you'd know which line 426 is.  [I've always assumed
> that when the compiler gave
> an error message like it did above, it meant that line 426 was the one
with
> the problem.  Someone tell me if I'm wrong about that :> ]  Anyway, the
one
> other time I got an error like that in that section of the code, I'd
> forgotten the (ch) .. but, obviously, they're all there this time, so I
have
> no idea what's wrong.  You also will notice two new classes
> I put in, but I got them working 100% before I tried to add the races.
If