Re: error

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@jhu.edu)
Date: 10/16/96

> On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Andrew Jones wrote:
> > Okie I am trying to add the Elven area in my circ 3.0bpl11 mud
> > but when I run it, with the zone files there when it gets to objects it
> > hangs and then when I press return it gives me:
> > [1]+  Segmentation fault      (core dumped) bin/circle -q 7000
> >
> > Any ideas?

There is a small bug in the parser of pl11 and below that causes Circle to
crash when there is some obscure error in an area file (I can't remember
what it was now; I think it doesn't check for a null alias-list or
something).  In any case, it's been fixed (along with a few other minor
parser errors) for pl12.  I tested the parser on the elven area,
specifically.

If anyone knows of any other areas that can cause Circle to crash (it
never should!) please let me know.