[CODE] Okay, I'm actually stuck this time.. :>

From: Steve Reeves (dormammu@voicenet.com)
Date: 10/16/96

Hello again everyone.. :>

Yes, I know I've been whining about how my code isn't working a lot recently
[and most the problems were due to wierd invisible characters that I didn't
know could exist :> ]

Anyway, I'm in the middle of trying to implement races in 3.0 bpl11 and am
using races.doc as a guide.   Okay, with that said, here is the error I'm
getting from the compiler:

gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  interpreter.c
interpreter.c: In function `nanny':
interpreter.c:1511: structure has no member named `pos'
interpreter.c:1512: structure has no member named `pos'
make[1]: *** [interpreter.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dormammu/circle30bpl11/src'
make: *** [default] Error 2

[Someone else posted to this list a few days ago with the exact same
problem, but fixed it himself and no one ever sent any followups to the
list, so there's nothing for me to work off of.]

Here's the code bit that the compiler is complaining about:

 case CON_QRACE:
    if ((GET_RACE(d->character) = parse_race(*arg)) == CLASS_UNDEFINED) {
      SEND_TO_Q("\r\nThat's not a race.\r\nRace: ", d);
      return;
    }

    if (d->pos < 0)
      d->pos = create_entry(GET_NAME(d->character));

[there's more, but that should be enough to fix the problem.]

Anyway, I've kinda figured out what the problem is, I just can't fix it.  It
seems to me that the code needs an integer called pos .. I've tried several
ways of adding one, but it only complains that "variable pos is unused" and
gives me the same errors above.  I try to add it onto the #define in
interpreter.h [ie, add a 'int pos'] and then I get complains from other
parts of the code.  [I'll also add that I'm a semi-new coder.. trying to get
more familiar with coding by modding this MUD.  I even pulled out my C book
and looked thru that, but nothing helped.]

So, if someone could help me here, I'd appreciate it.  :>

Steve -- who will try not to bother the mailing list about this race thing
anymore :>