Re: Copyright laws

jmlemke@icaen.uiowa.edu
Date: 10/17/96

Also, if we use quotes, etc, whatever for review, > > +-----------------------------------------------------------+
> > | Ensure that you have read the CircleMUD Mailing List FAQ: |
> > |   http://cspo.queensu.ca/~fletcher/Circle/list_faq.html   |
> > +-----------------------------------------------------------+
> >

> --
> Unsolicited commercial email will be proofread and sent back to its
> source, along with a bill for $150 U.S. The act of mailing such messages
> to my account indicates acceptance of these terms.

Under US copyright law, anyone can use copyrighted materials in
criticism, comment, review, or parody, this is called fair use, or if we
use it for news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research, it is not
an infringement of copyright.
*chuckles* Anyone returning your letter would be using quoted material
for comment or review, or criticism, most likely.. *shrugs*

--Pegasus