Re: [CODE] Pulse status on MOBS??

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/18/96

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Rasmus 'Con' Ronlev wrote:

> Well, using those 'forced' loops will make the mud loop through (possible)
> big lists (i.e. the whole mob-list). Instead a short and Immediate way of
> making those EXTREME_AGGRO mobs, would be to add a little pice of code
> that makes a loop of the ROOM mob-list when a person enters the room. This
> would probably take a lot of processing time, accepting the fact that
> people could walk through 5 rooms in a seccond, and lost of people could
> do that, but well, still like the perform_move version of checking such
> stuff better. It's all a personal taste thing, but ONLY using the
> perform_move routines are you able to ALLWAYS attack a player. This is due
> to the fact, that using pulses a player could just 'run' through a room
> within that 1 seccond pulse, and avoid peeing attacked.

  But what if you want your mobs to do something completely different
  every second, instead of just having them attack.  And it makes sense
  that they'll be able to run through the room without being attacked;
  I don't know about you, but when I enter a room I'm not right up against
  someone and they don't immediately react to my presence.  It takes a
  second for them to notice me, then act.  Thus, I have a bit to think
  about what is happening, what I'm going to do, and then act.  It's only
  logical that you give players the same ability to get away before they
  are butchered.

  <*=-+Daniel+-=*>
  "Forgive me father, for I am sin."