Re: [errata] improved_edit.README

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/27/96

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, Cyber Reaper wrote:

> while were at it... how about a way to assign spec_procs in OLC
> fassion... heck... a online spec_proc editor would be even beter =:)

  Now aren't we forgetting some things, here?  First, code has to be
  compiled and the MUD has to be rebooted for the game to take into
  account the changes.  Second, coding is tricky and someone can really
  messy up while trying it online; problems would be difficult to come
  by and a few minor errors can hold back that major code addition you
  have been planning for quite a long spell of time.  Third, it's all
  too unsecure to have anyone except for those with the login to your
  account be able to code anything.  Unless you are planning on a script
  language, I'd suggest staying *FAR* away from allowing builders to
  add spec procs online; and if you are creating a script language, you
  would need very good error-recovery or detection to pull it off without
  having the MUD crash every 2 minutes.

  Assigning spec procs, however, is easier done than said. :)  Just have
  a little e-proc ("Spec") that has the spec procs name and a function
  that checks the e-procs name and assigns the spec proc to the index of
  the mobile.  (did that sound really confusing?  It's easier to code
  than to say)

  <*=-+Daniel+-=*>
  "Forgive me father, for I am sin."