Re: Social Editor

From: Michael Scott (scottm@dns.workcomm.net)
Date: 10/30/96

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Tim Bohnslav wrote:

>         Anyway, I saw in the fix you posted, under the second section of
>         the patch you are putting CMD_WRITE = find_command("post"); and
>         then the if statement below shows the check for CMD_WRITE.
>
>         Do I also need to add a command into interpreter.c and make the
>         calls for the command named "post" or is it possible to change the
>         "post" to "write"?
>
>         Hope this makes sense, since I don't have a "post" command on the
>         mud right now, or at least not that I can find.

	Ack.  change that "post" to a "write" ..
	Once again its my  active mud's code interfering with the
stock's, in my attempts at bugfixes.

OR, you can do what i did to my mud, and leave that at as and change the
following:

(I changed the write command so that it was 'post' for boards (and i had
to add a dummy line for post in the interpreter.c listing, due to the fact that
if people wanted to write a message on a piece of paper, they'd have to
leave a board room.):

Add this line to yer interpreter.c command list:

{ "post", "post", POS_STANDING, do_not_here, 1 , 0 },

And you would want to change what the board says as well, when you read it.
(from WRITE <header> to POST <header>)

                      Michael Scott -- "Living in the Eye of the Hurricane."
		      FLAMES/COMMENTS to scottm@workcomm.net