[Circle] [idea] shapeshifters

From: Dave (Draked@cit.Citadel.edu)
Date: 11/06/96

Carl wrote:
>> 	This idea can be a kinda of shapeshifter.  this could be used for
>> traps or other ROLE playing type situations. For example, you have a
>> frail old man who has a magical item that will alow entrance into a
>> secret vault of lost treaseures and magic. The player thinks, "This is
>> too easy." then after the shapeshifter looses his concentration (lets
>> say its a spell and the spell is broken) the old man turns into
>> something like a magical creature (dragon, stonegolem, giant, gryphon,
>> pheonix, ect...)

>Another imp on the MUD I code for had a sort of similar idea... but it was
>for a player class... he called it animal master.  The idea was to have a
>class that would be allowed to use a limited form of the wiz switch
>command... I thought it was a pretty neat idea.  You could have it be a
>skill that the character would improve, or multiple skills for various
>types of creatures, and then you would have to succeed at the skill to
>switch into the mob's body... for more powerful mobs, more difficult to
>switch.  And if you failed really horribly, something unpleasant would
>happen...

On a mud I was on had a similar idea, but they had assissans with the skill
only.  The assissans were IMP hand picked to do the dirty dead, and anyone
could have someone killed as long as they met the price.   The only problem
was not everyone know the location of the assissans board to post a message.
The assissins were just a myth, they didnt exist, but people would
wind up dead anyways.  Just an idea for thoughts.

Dave