Re: [Circle] Graveyard Special Procedure

From: Skylar (skylar@ifconfig.intserv.com)
Date: 11/08/96

On Fri, 8 Nov 1996, Haddixx wrote:

> from the dead during the night if a player walks into the square.  The special
> procedure is placed on a corpse object and whenever a player enters the room
> it checks to see if a) it is buried and b) if it is in a GRAVEYARD room.

-code snipped-

> My question is how can I make the special procedure activate itself whenever
> the player enters the room and not relay on them entering a command?

Move the special from the room to some innocuous mob (like maybe a hidden
ghost), since mob special procedures are called from mobile_activity()
you can use them as pulse driven as well as command driven, and have the
special check periodically through the in_room for PC's (or NPC's other
than itself, if you want to be more realistic) and activate then.

-Sky