[Circle] [Code] [obuild .06] bugs

bub@agis.ag.net
Date: 11/10/96

We just replaced OasisOLC with obuild .06 with the new act.build.c. after
some testing, we found a few majior problems:
  rset desc, edit desc, look at room, and *BANG CRASH*
 the next time, that didn't hurt us, but...
  rset desc, look, (still okay) redit save, *BANG CRASH*
 the next time, both of those had no prob, but...
  rset desc, look, redit save, look, rset desc, look, *BANG CRASH*

I gdb'd the mud, and got this output:

0x40038e02 in new_objects ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x40038e02 in new_objects ()
#1  0x40084404 in new_objects ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x38.

I grep'd the code, couldn't find new_objects. We tested it on 2 machines.
Both running linux, 1.2.13 and 2.0.21. One has 48meg ram, the
other 16. I poked around, and I couldn't see any reason why this is
happening. Any ideas?

Also, it still outputs the ^M's, and everywhere it doesn't output the
'Okay.'. Any help would be much appreciated!

The MAD Coder of ?able Sanity, (porsche.ag.net 4000 || qs.iceworld.org 4000)
Bub