[Circle] [offtopic] Patch binary/source for windows/dos

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 11/13/96

"Bruce, Ray, Phil" <bherbert@ns.technonet.com> wrote: [Wed, 13 Nov 1996 09:42:17 -0500]

>  Does anyone know of an easier way of installing PATCHES when using the
>  WIN95 O/S? I've been reading the .patch files and typing everything out
>  myself, but now I have a really LONG patch file and I simply dont have the
>  time to type it all in... Does ANYONE know of a better way for me to do
>  this? Please let me know.

get patch12.zip

I put it on my ftp site..

It doesn't handle long filenames (you have to type in the short version
of the filename when you run the patch...)

ftp://204.119.24.14/pub/patch/patch12.zip

Though hand patching is probably a better way to go if you have done
more than minor mods to your mud.

--Mallory

[Alex] Can this one go in the FAQ?

-- http://www.polarnet.com/Users/gbarnett/ -- telnet://mud.polarnet.com:4000