[Circle] Methods for Mapping

From: Matthew Simpson (msimpson@netcom.com)
Date: 11/14/96

Hi Everyone! :-)

   I'm looking for ideas from experienced zone builders on how to map HUGE
HUGE geographical structures (eg. a mountain that would require, maybe, 10
- 20 zones to write).  The present method used by our team is to create
structures no larger than 5 zones or so (eg. a large town) and map it
using ASCII characters.  Maps like this require no more columns of
characters than most screen wrap settings.  But now, we are starting to
build the mountain on which the the town rests.

Presently, I'm breaking the map into sectors which each can be ASCII
mapped in about one page.  Is there any method anyone knows of which can
put all the sectors in one file/screen for everyone to share (maybe using
some other editor than text)?  I dunno... just looking around.

Any ideas?  Thanks.  Have fun today!

Matthew Simpson
msimpson@netcom.com

"Why is it," Jonathan puzzled, "that the hardest thing in the world is to
convince a bird that he is free, and that he can prove it for himself if
he'd just spend a little time practicing?"  Richard Bach