Re: [Circle] AutoEQ Error?!

From: Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira (eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx)
Date: 11/14/96

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, JTRhone wrote:

> > I am getting this error everytime AutoEQ is used when a player enters the
> > game WITH equipment to re-equip:
> > SYSERR: ch->in_room = NOWHERE when equipping char.
> It's an easy fix, either wax the syslog in handler.c, equip_char() (don't
> do it cause yer ignoring an error), or place the character in a room on
> login before you autoequip them.  Do option 2. :)
> BTW, I haven't read the FAQ in a long while, but it seems that this
> question is asked roughly 3 times a week and this is a very good candidate
> to either 1) be placed in the FAQ, or 2) be placed in this patch's docs if
> there are any. (I wouldn't know, wrote my own a while back.)

Just a comment, this is *indeed* answered in the patch's docs, the writer
 warned about this error and left it to the coders.

On other note, has anyone thought of any novel way of displaying the
battles? I was thinking of something a little less spammy, but cannot
think of anything.

Actually I have a choice of two, either a resumed version of what's going
on right now, with messages scrolling by the screen or some other way,
that involves clearing the screen and reprinting it (a la OasisOLC), which
is not very MUD-like and some mud clients would choke on... I also was
thinking of implementing a meter bar in the prompt that shows you your
hitpoints and mana (red and blue, for example) *only* when fighting...

Has anyone actually the way battles are displayed to something more
useful? or les spammy? Right now most messages scroll by so fast my users
cannot read them, but I don't want to notch up the lapse of PULSE_VIOLENCE
because that'd make the battles take forever.

Any ideas?

Something else, the trains code was not that difficult to implement, I
have right now two problems with the code where it displays messages about
boarding and stuff (the two send_to_char in the spec_proc), besides that
just be sure that all rooms you define are actually existent and I suggest
you change the callling of commands with (CMD_IS("list")) and
(CMD_IS("buy")), mine stayed like this:

   transroom1 = real_room(8134); /* transporter rooms */
   transroom2 = real_room(8135);

  if (CM and D_IS("list")){
    send_to_char("Type 'buy' to buy a token.\n\r", ch);
    return(TRUE); }

   else if (CMD_IS("buy")) {
    if (GET_GOLD(ch) < 500) {

You also have to change the includes in the trains.c file, I left mine
like this, until I figure out if one of these is not needed:

#include "conf.h"
#include "sysdep.h"

#include "structs.h"
#include "screen.h"
#include "spells.h"

#include "utils.h"
#include "comm.h"
#include "interpreter.h"
#include "handler.h"
#include "db.h"
#include "limits.h"

Three of those I doubt are needed, but the compiler stopped giving errors
when I added them, I will start checking the thing today again...

Luck

Eduo
Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira                  eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx
Administrador de Internet                            Internet Administrator
Proveedor de Servicio Internet    CIATEQ, A.C.    Internet Service Provider
 Centro de Investigacion y Asistencia Tecnica del Estado de Queretaro, A.C.
                     http://sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx/