Re: [Circle] Mounting Animals

From: Erik (madison@nevada.edu)
Date: 11/16/96

  You'll need to add a struct char *rider and struct char *riding to the
mob/pc shared structs. do_mount and do_dismount will handle the checks
and assign the pointers as needed. A few small additions in
do_simple_move check for skill level if you wish, and 'pull' the rider
along with the mount. (Look to follower movement for examples). And
lastly, the majority of the changes will be the actual visuals. These are
split between actmove and actinfo. You'll need to show the mounted player
leaving/arriving, standing in the room, etc. I string my mounts to the
end of the players buffer, and treat the mount itself as a 'noshow/invis'
entity. So, I get: Jarlinn sits mounted atop a black stallion.