[Circle] problem with bitwise operators in shop files.

From: Bubonic (bubonic@bsu-cs.bsu.edu)
Date: 11/17/96

I have a fairly new mud up and running and I was just adding a few
new shop files yesterday and when it came to the bitvector parameters
for things such as:  NOGOOD, NOEVIL, NOWARRIOR, etc... I would
enter abc or whatever accordingly.  However, when I ran "autorun"
I would receive an error message when trying to load the shp files.

After fidgeting with the shop file that had the error for about two
hours, I finally figured out that changing abc to its bitvector
equivalent of 7 (i.e a = 1, b = 2, c = 4 1+2+4 = 7) it would work
fine.

Does anyone know anything about this?  I had thought that this
should work fine.  I am running linux.  I don't know if that
has anything to do with it or not, but I would appreciate any
help.

Thank you very much.

Jeff Hanks
00jshanks@bsuvc.bsu.edu