Re: [Circle] Hiding MOB without HIDE or INVIS

From: Daniel W. Burke (dwb@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 11/18/96

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Bruce, Ray, Phil wrote:

> I'm trying to hide certain mobiles with the MOB_MOUNTED mob_flag from the
> list in the room, but to still be able to access the mobiles name etc...
> example:
> My position changes to standing "Joe is standing here."
> The horse reappears as "A horse is here." in the list in the room

My suggestion would be to do this:

Take this function in act.informative.c, and modify it to skip the
mounted horse:

void list_char_to_char(struct char_data * list, struct char_data * ch)
{
  struct char_data *i;

  for (i = list; i; i = i->next_in_room)
    if (ch != i) {
      if (***i is a mounted horse***)
        continue;
      if (CAN_SEE(ch, i))
        list_one_char(i, ch);
      else if (IS_DARK(ch->in_room) &&
               !CAN_SEE_IN_DARK(ch) &&
               IS_AFFECTED(i, AFF_INFRAVISION))
        send_to_char("You see a pair of glowing red eyes looking your way.\r\n"$    }
}

change the line with ***'s in it to whatever you have on the mob
indicating it is a mounted mob.

Brazil