Re: [Circle] Re: your mail

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 11/21/96

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira wrote:

- On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Eric de Groot wrote:
-
- > Im taking a random number in like number(1, top_of_mobt) or whatever.
- > ok, now i want to make sure that the mob matching the winnign number
- > isent mob_flagged mob_aggressive.
-
- Just a question regarding random numbers and such...
-
- How can I set up a spell or a portal or anything that sends a character to
- a random place in the world?

char_from_room(ch):
char_to_room(ch, number(0, top_of_world));

- How can I pick a room and send a person or a party to a room without
- having problems with unexistant room...

The above will never send them to a nonexistant room, tho there's no
checking for rooms you wouldn't want them in.  You could change the 0 to
the first useable room to skip rooms in zone 0.  You'll end up with people
teleporting to imm rooms, and possibly unfinished rooms, but that's deeper
than I have time to go today :)

Sam