Re: [Circle] Social editor complete!! BUT...

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 11/22/96

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira wrote:

> There is none, you can try changing the social engine, which would be
> good..:)
>
> There is a social editor patch in the site that does this but I don't like
> the way it handles abbreviations for commands, I believe its complicating
> stuff without need...

I wrote a social editor for myself, and it was actually quite
easy.  I saw how the other person did it, but I didn't really
like that.  I think it complicated a simple matter.  Plain and
simple, socials should never preside over commands.  I converted
the social list to a linked list, changed the format of the
social file to include the actor's min pos and min level, and
added the OLC functions.  Turned out to take about 3 hours of
coding.  Maybe 4 and a half including debugging, extensive testing,
adding of several socials, and a bit of rewriting/adding to it.

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com