Re: [Circle] [bug??] Snoop circle

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 11/22/96

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Mud Administrator wrote:

> some of my fellow imm+s and I actually pulled off a complete snoop circle
> in which we caused an infinite loop of snooping....
> it was fun and all, but I was wondering if it should be changed...
>
> in case ya wanna know how it was done
> IMP A: level 204
> IMP B: level 204
> GOD C: level 202
>
> imp a snoops god c
> imp b sets imp a level 203
> imp b snoops imp a
> imp b sets imp a level 204
> imp a set imp b level 201
> imp a forces god c snoop imp b

Ummm, why bother even fixing this?  What are the chances you
are going to have 2 implementors and a god whom are sitting about
setting each other's levels?  But if you are concerned about
this (why?  it doesn't cause a crash, shouldn't anyway, and it's
so rare that this would happen...), you can fix it by adding a
simple:

  else if (victim->desc->snooping)
    send_to_char("They are already snooping someone.\r\n", ch);

To do_snoop in 'act.wizard.c'.

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com