[Circle] Re: Skill/spell distinction

From: Feaelin Moilar (feaelin@dialnet.net)
Date: 11/24/96

At 05:52 PM 11/24/96 +0000, you wrote:
>On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Rhys - Legends wrote:
>
>> I have a question about prac_param in class.c
>>
>> I want to add a class that can use both skills and spells.
>> In prac_param, there is a field where we specify SKILL or SPELL.
>> Has anyone changed it so that it allows both?
>
>I was considering the same thing, and as if my memory is correct,
>the info for skills & spells is all stored in one MASSIVE array called
>spells. You will probably have to add an extra field into this array,
>that specifies whether a given skill is actually a spell or skill,
>and then u can refer to this whenever needed. This will in face make
>the field in the array you mentioned obsolete :-)

I've been thinking about this as well...I already removed that portion of
the array
and changed the appropiate messages to say spells/skills (temporary).  However
after some thought it occurred to me that instead of adding to the array,
just make
a check to see if the skill/spell number is higher than that of MAX_SPELLS,
if it is then
the spell/skill is actually a skill, if not, it's a spell. :)

Haven't got around to implementing it yet...but I haven't thought of a
reason so far why
it wouldn't work. :)
Valelle, hamma sam manta a' Amali Mel -- |Valelle, gatinema lacristav
Va dalra morair, olysista Air;           |  celiga tulis latu daliga Celarí;
Va dalra wita, olysista ril fea a' dixa; |Doniga, latu daliga donema;
Roil va dalra atin, olysista emiph;      |Airiga, latu daliga airrí;
Va dalra orat, olysista dei;             |Est dalra ciet zam-pervíkň reil
Va dalra igul, olysista novu;            |  posisra;
Va dalra gull, olysista ollu;            |Dalra ciet hucíkň reil hucisra;
Va dalra m'sil, olysista sil;            |Dalra ciet províkň reil m'pelisra
Va dalra colun, olysista rellin;         |  fa' anale ael.
                                Goma Francis' onora
				--kathra ciet Feaelin Moilar ap Windar.