Re: [Circle] plrtoascii--How do I get an unecrypted passwd?

From: Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira (eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx)
Date: 11/26/96

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Nic Suzor wrote:

> imho, you shouldnt be able to see the password... this takes away a bit of
> trust between the players and the impls, and is not really necessary. if
> someone forgets, use set file <person> passwrd <newpass>... and im not
> sure, but i think the crypt() is a one way encryption ? if you really want
> to, just take away all references to crypt() and replace it with a normal
> text pass...

Maybe defining:

#define NOCRYPT

in utils.h would do the trick.

Just bear in mind that this is a huge security break and that you will
need a pfile wipe after this...

Luck

Eduo
Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira                  eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx
Administrador de Internet                            Internet Administrator
Proveedor de Servicio Internet    CIATEQ, A.C.    Internet Service Provider
 Centro de Investigacion y Asistencia Tecnica del Estado de Queretaro, A.C.
                     http://sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx/