Re: Stock bug report.

From: AxL (axl@mindwarp.plymouth.edu)
Date: 12/15/96

[...stock diku do_sneak...]

> should be...
>
> ACMD(do_sneak)
> {
>   struct affected_type af;
>   byte percent;
>
>   if (IS_AFFECTED(ch, AFF_SNEAK)) {
>     affect_from_char(ch, SKILL_SNEAK);
>     send_to_char("Everyone around you now notices your presence.\r\n", ch);
>     return;
>   }
>
>   send_to_char("Okay, you'll try to move silently for a while.\r\n", ch);
>   percent = number(1, 101);     /* 101% is a complete failure */

	Now ,with this method...if the char is already affected by sneak,
this will remove it, and then just exit?  That makes it more of a toggle
kinda thing that the char could turn on and off at will, pretty much.

	The original jsut removes it if it is on, then rolls to for the
char to try to sneak again, but still not knowing if it was sucessful
or not, whic hI would feel adds more to the unknown factor of whether the
skill was a sucess, as it shold.
	Or I could be missing the whole point entirely here.... :)
--
-axl @)-->---   "Beneath the stain of time, the feeling disappears.
 axl@mindwarp    You are someone else.  I am still right here." - NIN