[Code offering]

From: Erik (madison@nevada.edu)
Date: 12/16/96

  As I've begun many a project with circle snippets, I feel I should
offer the improved versions back.
  First off, I have auction. It's been revamped to account for numerous
cities, and works in a declared auction house only. I do not believe in
global channels, nor do I think it realistic to have an auctioneer 'pop'
to you and handle the exchange when your miles away. So, players all
converge to the house in their hometown and bargain their butts off. All
bugs are gone, and quitting/renting etc do not disrupt the auction.
  Next I have mobprogs. As I found the circle port to be a continuation
of the original bugs, and even a few new ones added, I began with the
original vanilla merc version. All memory leaks are gone, the code in
many places is simplified, and I believe a fair amount of cpu cycling
has been slashed.
  Now, the only drawback to these offers, is I do not run circle. We are
based off sequent and copper, but have picked up many flavors since then.
I look to circle for many things, as it is the closest base there is to
ours, but we still differ in many areas. So, any who would like these
files, be ready for some porting. The vast majority would consist of
deciphering what our macros are, and thus would not be overtly difficult,
but I would not recommend this to any of the newer coders.
  That said, any who wish, send an email with a valid return...
                                  Fafhrd of Duris