reporting bugs

From: Tarc Meridian (tarc@jammin.jammin.net)
Date: 12/17/96

> should be...
>
> ACMD(do_sneak)
> {
>   struct affected_type af;
>   byte percent;
>
>   if (IS_AFFECTED(ch, AFF_SNEAK)) {
>     affect_from_char(ch, SKILL_SNEAK);
>     send_to_char("Everyone around you now notices your presence.\r\n", ch);
>     return;
>   }
>
>   send_to_char("Okay, you'll try to move silently for a while.\r\n", ch);
>   percent = number(1, 101);     /* 101% is a complete failure */

	Now ,with this method...if the char is already affected by sneak,
 this ll remove it, and then just exit. That makes it more of a toggle
 kinda thing that the char could turn on and off at will, pretty much.
 	The original jsut removes it if it is on, then rolls to for the
 char to try to sneak again, but still not knowing if it was sucessful
 or not, which I would feel adds more to the unknown factor of whether the
 skill was a sucess, as it shold.
	A mere suggestion of a different way of coding a skill is _NOT_
a bug report...please don't report it as such.
--
Meridian Enterprises        "He who senses the winds of change builds
http://meridian.jammin.net   not a wind break, but a wind mill."