Need help with mobs specials.

From: Bubonic (bubonic@bsu-cs.bsu.edu)
Date: 01/01/97

I would like to create a mob special, such that when a character entered
a room, the mob would immediately talk to the character (i.e. mob says "Welcome
to my pub (character name)").  I do not want to wait the 10 seconds that it
might take if it were just called routinely with other mob progs though.

Any ideas?  I have looked in various places, but I can't find any examples
of this?  I am not asking for someone to write this out for me, but maybe to
point me in the right directions.

Thanks a lot,

Jeff Hanks
bubonic@bsu-cs.bsu.edu