Re: Can I put a PAUSE in mobprogs?

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 01/07/97

At [Tue, 7 Jan 1997 16:11:25 -0500 (EST)]
Bubonic <bubonic@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> wrote:

>  I was adding my first mobprogs the other day and they worked fine!
>  However, I noticed one rather annoying detail.  If a character walks
>  into a room with a mob that is set to greet whomever walks in, the greet
>  message will apear instantly when the character walks in, almost as if
>  it were part of the room description.
>
>  I would like to have it pause briefly.  A second maybe.  Then have the mob
>  say something, then pause again (a second again) and perhaps say something else.
>  In this way, it would be a little mroe realistic.  The mob would not shower the
>  character with 10 lnes of text before the character had a chance to read them.
>
>  Any help would be appreciated...there may very well be a built-in pause function,
>  and if so, I apologize, but I have no documentation, and so have not found one
>  yet.

Awhile back someone posted code for an event queue. I think it has an
MPDELAYED command in it as well. When I was playing with mob progs I
used it and was able to create a mob that acts as you describe. I think
the archive might have been event?.?    .. Check the circle ftp site.

I remember that I made a few changes to that code to get it working..
then rewrote it to better fit my mud. But it is a good place to start,
and saved me quite a bit of fiddling time :-)

Hope that helps. My apologies to the author of that code snippet. I
don't remember your name.

--Mallory