Re: [system-win95][newbie] Tar, Gzip, Patch, Diff, Gunzip

From: Chris Warren (chris@calligrafix.co.uk)
Date: 01/14/97

Daniel Holmes wrote:

> Where do I find FREEWARE tar, gzip, patch, diff, gunzip files for MSDOS
> or Windows95, not shareware version of WinZip 6.2 etc.  I do not wish to
> spend even 1 cent to buy any programs when the source code is out there
> for unix and is free.

Look at...
  ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/win95/circle-gnu.README
my pride and joy :) It refers to Cygnus-GNU-Win32.... A project to port
all the GNU software over to the Win32 OS(?)...

To download *ALL* of the utilities you mentioned and more take a peek
at...     http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/

Yes it is totally free.... no need to pay a cent or to register it....
just abide by the good old GNU license!

Chris