RE: [WIN95][OASIS OLC]

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 01/17/97

On Friday, January 17, 1997 5:41 PM, John S. Henosn wrote:
>I'm running Win95 and Circle Mud Compiled Fine. Infact It works
>Perfectly. I just want to put the Oasis OLC on it. Because MSVC 4.0
>Won't let me use The Makefile that's Included in Oasis OLC I have to
>edit the Code in My self. But there's a Problem with the interpreter.c
>File. I'm not sure what to do with it. I thinking I need a new Makefile
>but I'm not sure how to go about that one, or I need to see what
>someone's interpreter.c file looks like that's got all the Oasis OLC
>code in it.

1) Makefile and MS VC 4.x   -- Don't need one. Compile inside the ide and save yourself a bunch of time.
    Create a console app project, add the wsock32.lib to it, and the circle version will compile
    w/o problems. Completely automatic dependency checking. (No flames for bugs in it.. It is after all
    made by our favorite software developer in Redmond *sic*.. It works for me, regardless. :-) )

2) I'm confused as to what the makefile has to do with interpreter.c.. Oasis makes several changes to
   interpreter.c, and I seem to remember having to mess with it a bit to get it to fit.. nothing too severe.

If you were to post the relevant sections (and the relevant compile-time errors)  a lot more help could
be obtained.

I'd post my code, but after an ascii-player file conversion (and all the related details) interpreter.c looks
quite different these days...

--Mallory

-- http://www.polarnet.com/Users/gbarnett/ -- telnet://204.119.24.14:4000