Re: [world] Not really a problem, but...

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 01/28/97

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, AxL wrote:

> 	And with longswords....the debate would invariably come up; but
> can you then backstab with a longsword if it's a piercing weapon?  Code-
> wise, yes.  Realistically, not really.  I once ran around on a mud
> with a heavy ashen lance to backstab with, because it was declared as
> type_pierce. :)  I am toying with the idea of size fields for items,
> and disallowing a backstab with a lance of a type_large.  Has anyone
> else done this yet?  My first thought is to increase the item values
> from 4 to 6, with the new slot on all items devoted to a size field.

Actually, to be perfectly technical, you can, quite frankly, backstab
someone with "a heavy ashen lance".  Of course, you wouldn't be able to
easily sneak up behind the person and get it done.  But that's no more
less realistic than the fact you can be talking to someone, they can
look at you, then you can sneak up and backstab them...  Kind of strange,
if you're having a conversation with someone, they're probably looking
at you.  To be able to sneak around them while they're looking at you
would require one damn good thief I wouldn't want to encounter (or
someone that can become invisible).

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com