Re: [CODE/PATCH] help with mobprog patch

From: BlackWind (BlackWind@multiplex.com)
Date: 01/29/97

Joshua Burley wrote:

> ok, I've done many patches before, so I'm almost certain I'm applying it
> properly, but... I got the mobprog patch for circle3 from the ftp site, unzipped
> it, then ran (in ~/circle/src of course) "patch < mobprogpatchfile".. and the
> error I get everytime is:
>
> jburley@pulse% patch < mobprog-3.0bpl11.patch                      ~/circle/src
> Hmm...  Looks like a new-style context diff to me...
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |diff -acN ../oldsrc/Makefile ./Makefile
> |*** ../oldsrc/Makefile Fri May 24 20:23:02 1996
> |--- ./Makefile Fri May 24 20:01:32 1996
> --------------------------
> Patching file Makefile using Plan A...
> Hunk #1 failed at 20.
> patch: **** replacement text or line numbers mangled in hunk at line 24
>
> and the patch file doesn't look corrupted, and I retried downloading it several
> times. Anyone think they can help?
>
> -jburley@uci.edu
> AvariceMUD - avarice.kuci.uci.edu 4000

   Try looking thrgouh the code in your makefile, and looking at the
patch itself, what it mos LIKELY is, is that you added something else to
your makefile, and now, the patch is looking for, let's say, the word;
oedit.o, and after that it wants to put mobprog.o, if there's a file
different, or new text before or after that line, it will fail.  You may
have to install the patch manually, or just the failing sections.

		Good luck,
			Blackwind