Re: [CODE] Unpatching A Patch

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 02/02/97

On Sun, 2 Feb 1997, Leonard Burns IV wrote:

> What was the command to remove a patch? I tried PATCH -REVERSE and that
> failed on every one.

  patch -R < [filename]

It can only reverse the patch if it finds the code from the patch
unchanged.  Why?  Essentially, it's doing the opposite of what it did
the first time (eg., instead of looking for stock code and replacing
it with the changed code, it looks for the changed code and replaces it
with the stock code).

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com