Re: [ADMIN]

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 02/04/97

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Alex wrote:

> There is one like that.  All sigs should be 4 lines or less.  Also,
> there is a rule about quoting unneeded stuff.  As in, don't do it.
> Unfortunately, nobody seems to give two shits about courtesy these
> days, and thus, there are a number of 20+ line sigs, an number of
> people who haven't learned to quote, and a number of general idiots
> out there who feel it is their god-given right to spam me with insulting
> mail, to harrass me, and to demand of me why people on the list haven't
> answered their questions yet.

Sometimes fixing up quoted text isn't the fault of the replying party.
Often times, people use more than 79 characters per line.  While the
message may be viewed well, quoting will cause a big disaster, and not
quoting will make it hard to respond to the exact wording of the person.
Any rule against using more than 79 characters per-line?

> Word of advice for all of you... if you are thinking of starting a mailing
> list for something, don't bother.  It isn't worth it most of the time.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  I'm even sorrier that you were driven to
feel that way.  No-one ever claimed mudders and coders were at the top of
the class in social graces.  Uncourteus and cruel as we may be, I at
least, appreciate you running the mailing list.  It has given me something
to do and has helped me build a bit of popularity among other Mudders (of
course, I'm not sure if that's as good a thing as it first seemed, now).
Anyone hope you stick around.  I'm sure many others appreciate it as much
or more than I.

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com