Re: Objects in OasisOLC

From: Walter Goodwin (jgoodwin@expert.cc.purdue.edu)
Date: 02/14/97

> On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Jerry Gilyeat wrote:
>
> > Even better:
> > Write your OLC.
> > You'll knwo what's there and you should be able to find all the bugs in
> > your own code
> > *grins*
>
> Find all the bugs in *any* code?!!?!
>
> Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah,etc.,etc.,etc.

There is a theory that states that all code has at least one bug in it,
and that all programs can be replaced by another program with one less line.

Of course, carrying this theory to completion we find that all programs
can be reduced to one line of code that doesn't work.

Anyway, about features to put in an OLC, an ACT_PROTOTYPE flag for
objects and mobs, ie. when a builder starts to build a new zone, if
the area is flagged as prototype, then players can't enter it, also,
none of the objects can be picked up by players, nor do the mobs
wander, (plus they can't be attacked/and/or killed, though purging
works.)   This gives Imps a chance to review an area and guard
against a builder giving another character an easter egg item from
his zone to one of his morts or something.  A high level god command
"installs" thae area and removes those silly flags.  This also works
very well in conjunction with the auto-reset command mentioned.