Re: [Code]Auto-equip Snippet

From: Chris Rehbein (lint@jhu.edu)
Date: 02/20/97

At 11:40 AM 2/20/97 -0500, you wrote:

> Andy> It seems that when a char quits the mud the room is saved and
> Andy> that is where they are loaded into, (connection has to be
> Andy> closed, just save+quit and hitting 1 loads to
> Andy> mortal_load_room).

  This is true, although this is a far better thing than what happened to
me.  The autoequip code includes an extra ch->in_room in objsave.c, which
saves the char in room 1 (stock: Limbo) after autoequipping, so I think that
the entire objsave.c code in the autoeqip patch is still a tad bit buggy.
BTW, this extra ch->in_room = 1; line causes really bad things to happen
(ie, the mud loading two of the same characters into the game, one in the
start room and one in Limbo), and the mud will crash when the two meet (if
they ever do).  I deleted this line, and it (sometimes) saves in the correct
room.  I guess the best thing to do is just leaf through your code and find
all of the save_char(ch, <room>) calls and try to make heads and tails about
what it's doing.

  Still on the subject, is the correct room to pass to save_char ch->in_room
or is it world[ch->in_room].number?  Or does it matter which is used?

-Chris
lint@jhu.edu

"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake
of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."