Re: [Long] Problem...

From: Josh B. (beavis@pcpartner.net)
Date: 02/21/97

At 03:42 PM 2/21/97 -0800, Daniel Koepke wrote:

>Do what you will, but why would see the patch then selectively copy
>code from it?

First of all, I typed it all in myself in order to learn, instead of typing
patch < blah blah blah.  I like to type things in myself so that I can see
what everything is doing not just letting something do the work for me.

>Use gdb. It's your friend.

Secondly, I'm not a linux/unix guru, hence the reason why I posted this
here.  I have only been using this os for a short amount of time now, and we
all have to start somewhere.

>Why are you giving yourself 5 fields when you can get away with 4 by
>doing LVL_IMPL - LVL_IMMORT and just taking out the "\null" (which
>should be '\0'--see below).

Thirdly I didn't have that in the first place, I couldn't seem to find any
other reason why it would crash so I just decided to change stuff around,
because I'm not exactly a C++ guru either,  I have to do what I can.

>Hideous casing.

Why thanks, next time I want your opinion on the way I think my mud should
look, I'll come to you.

Fourthly, as I said before, I don't know everything there is to this yet.
I'm sure you've been working in this environment VERY MUCH more than I have,
and I'm also sure you had questions at one time.  The reason I posted here
and why everybody posts here is to get help with a problem.  If nobody
posted, there wouldn't be a mailing list.  I don't usually send that many
messages here in the first place, but I'm sorry I posted with such a
ridiculous problem.