Re: Regen / Potions / RP Ideas

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 02/27/97

At [Fri, 28 Feb 1997 06:58:09 GMT]
shapeshifter@tka.com (Shapeshifter) wrote:

>          Let me cut this down. I am looking for ways for a character to
>  enjoy a faster regeration rate without adding a potion shop back into
>  the game. Thank you for your time and patience...

How about changing the way sleep works.. i.e. if you sleep for two consecutive
ticks you get more than if you sleep only one tick? In addition, track
the percentage of the tick they spent fighting/resting/sleeping and
reward accordingly.

You could also consider a skill to aid regeneration.. Like root for
example.. an herbalist skill that allows you to 'root' and regain hit/
mana/move faster than normal.. supposed to be "taking sustenance from
the ground like a plant does."

You could also code in some sort of exhaustion where when a player runs
completely out of move, they lie there semi-unconscious while they recover.
Maybe put a two tick duration on it.. and if they get attacked during
this period they will most likely die.. after all they are so exhausted
they cannot move.. doubtful an adrenalin rush is going to do much for
them.. they've prolly already used their adrenalin supply getting exausted
in the first place.

My $0.02,

--Mallory