Re: snprintf?!?

angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM
Date: 07/10/97

     quote ------>>>>
This is yet another call in the standard library that I have missed
while combing it looking for functions to add to the toolkit. It is
really amazing the stuff that is defined in ANSI C that I see value
in, but rarely see anyone use. Is there a reason for this? Problems
maintaining portability? Laziness on the part of a good many
coders? :-)

FYI: MSVC, Linux and FreeBSD define it in stdio.h. Anyone know
of an os that doesn't define snprintf? It's in the standard library, so
I would assume most, if not all would have it...
     <<<<------ quote

     ------
     I am running: (from uname -a)
     IRIX merlin 6.2 03131015 IP22
     (a SGI box)

     and a

     SunOs Webcentral 5.5.1 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1
     (a Sun Ultra Workstation)

     they don't have it, and we have the developer's packages.  I have a
     strange feeling that this is a MS hack that the other two OS's added
     to help themselves with porting from their many coders.  It seems like
     it might be a porting problem