Re: snprintf?!?

From: George (greerga@MIAVX1.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 07/10/97

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, I wrote:

>The problem wasn't with the LibC library, it was with a different library
>starting with a d that I've forgotten.  Simple test:

The problem is in libdb.so.1, which CircleMUD for Linux does not link in.

ldd circle5
        libc.so.5 => /lib/libc.so.5

If you have the problem, replace .1.85.4 with your version of libdb and do:

ar d libdb.so.1.85.4 snprintf.o

Just checked ./configure, it never checks for -ldb so rest easy.

-George

PS - Sendmail does use libdb.so.1 for snprintf() though. :)
$ ldd sendmail
        libgdbm.so.1 => /lib/libgdbm.so.1
        libdb.so.1 => /usr/lib/libdb.so.1
        libc.so.5 => /lib/libc.so.5